View Single Post
      01-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #12
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD1953 View Post
Off topic......but I can't figure why some of the forum members here mod OEM engines that are still under warranty ?

When something like this happens it seems it would have been cheaper over the long run to buy an OEM car/engine that is designed and delivered from the factory for the performance one seeks.
I can understand what you are saying however certain mods should not affect the warranty like cat back exhaust,rims,airfilter,struts things like that. To me the replacing of a catted dp to a higher flowing catted DP should not either especially if it is a CARB certified upgrade. BMW allows Dinan to mod your car from day 1 of purchase and it has a warranty on top of the BMW warranty.

There are also folks that the OP can talk to in knowing how to handle this situation with the motor damage but I am sure the DP did not cause a head gasket to blow which seems to be the issue. The B58 issues are surely but slowly popping up and coolant leaks was certainly one of them.