View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #30
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nart View Post
˄ This. Trying to be as objective as possible here, but to me it doesn't feel the G20 is such a huge step forward. Most of it is tech, and most of it are gimmicks IMO (personal assistant, gesture control, etc). Yes, a bigger screen and a more capable digital dash are nice though.

I'd also take the looks of the current 4 Series over the new G20 any day. Not to mention that if you are in the LCI variant, with the newer engines (i.e. B58), well that cycle just started.
That was exactly my thinking when I got the 440i last month - the deal was too good, the LCI with the B58 keeps it up to date, the style is clean and thoroughly modern in my view (digi cockpit helps).

The new 3er is a fussy looking thing and the in-car tech, whilst great, doesn't seem to be that amazing. BMW have something of a hotchpotch right now of some models e.g M5 using hybrid digital cockpits from the current gen with some next-gen stuff as well.

My view is in 4 years the new 3 series will get its first LCI and then it can be judged properly - that's a strong biting point for a lot of people just entering a PCP cycle.
Appreciate 0