MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Yh, but the diesel spoilt the refinement for me, so can't really judge the X3 there. Agreeably refined above 50mph though. Tacky iDrive buttons and cheap stalks were other let downs. As I say, they give with one hand and take away with the other. In the same way that the F3x was a mixture of improvement and regression over the E9x. All the manufacturers are at it.
What are the tacky idrive buttons?

I prefer the new indicator stalk, but the wiper stalk without the auto button is a bit of a step backwards I will admit.
The ones around the iDrive controller. To be fair, they are the same in the F36 LCI. They have changed from fairly solid individual buttons to a thinner/cheaper panel iirc.

Appreciate that the new indicators are preferred by some. Personally I liked BMW's old well thought through design. It feels like they have thrown the towel in now and gone with the crowd.

I will give you ride quality though. Just back from a short trip through the potholes, at the end of a long week I'd rather be in a SUV sponging through them!

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0