View Single Post
      04-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #7
Juice247
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I've never heard that, and I drive this car (as well as my 2008 I replaced) in this mode 100% of the time. Only time it leaves manual mode is when my wife drives it.

"M" or "D" is still fully controlled by the transmission electronics. Perhaps xHP's comments is it no longer upshifts (at redline) or downshifts for you? In OEM, I'm 99.9% it would force an upshift if you hit the rev limiter. Now, nope, never. Now, not that causes engine issues since the DME just does a throttle cut to keep the revs in check, but you are hovering at higher revs unnecessarily.

Should also add that shift firmness is driving mode dependent, and not M/D dependent.
I'm in the same boat. I leave the house quiet as a mouse, but put it in Sport+ M, as soon as I'm out of the neighborhood. I don't know why there would be a disclaimer for Sport+ only in manual, other than a driver can shift high and hard every time. I've been trying to find the text as it was written, but it was something I saw when I was setting up my first flash, so I was reading ALL the text.

So far there doesn't seem to be any immediately pressing issues, or we'd have heard about them on the forum.