View Single Post
      12-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #984
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Hello Mirak,
I read your this post and then the subsequent one in which you said you were able to get Live to work. Were you able to get it to work just by turning on your iPhone hotspot ? or did you do any other configuration.

I have the exact same configuration like yours S6ALA and S6NSA. But when I click BMW live it tries to do something and then just shows a blank page after the circle stops rotating. I tried it all - like update services etc etc but doesn't help. I can see that the car makes a hotspot connection via my iPhone. Also in the car, against my phone I see telephone, data and audio enabled for the phone's bluetooth connection.

Can you guide me how were you able to get BMW live working? Atleast to get the news/weather and stuff.
Also I wish I had people like Ouzzo, rustyminded and Osmansky in my country. I have learnt a lot from this thread than I have from my local forums. Thanks you guys.

Here's my VIN number: 0J70647
Thanks a lot.
Anup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak13 View Post
Hello Osmansky Pleased to meet you.
When you say version do you mean Hardware or Software, or Firmware?
I presently have software versions:
Media: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031
I will be updating this soon.
Also as I mentioned earlier the car came with S6ALA BMW LIVE

It is in the IDRIVE menu.
I also have S6NSA Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone

I can send you my VIN number if it would help.

What works are the following: Bluetooth Music and Bluetooth Phone. Once connected Next to my phone on the IDrive screen I get 3 icons lighting up, BT Telephone, BT Media, and BT Data.

Also when I connect my Note3 via USB cable and click on BMW Live it is clearly trying to connect it takes a while however so for I have not succeed in fully connecting. I also asked the dealer and he confirmed that with my present setup I can get the following to work:Email and messages and calendar as well as the options available through BMW LIVE which as I have already explained I clearly have as an option (S6ALA).

I heard somewhere that besides getting the phone and car paired as well as connected via USB, I must also tether and allow for data connection via my phone.

If any one can help I would truly appreciate it!
I will go to my car right now and photograph what exactly is showing up on the screen and send it to you and the rest of the forum to show you what is going on and perhaps you can point what I am doing wrong

Last edited by araje; 12-28-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0