View Single Post
      06-28-2022, 10:13 AM   #26
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

M Performance Big Brake Kit Upgrade:

Was able to get an amazing deal due to BMW's sell-off of a discontinued product number, for the first run of orange m performance brakes. After another member of bimmerpost, posted about it, I was able to contact my BMW parts guy who told me there were only 5 left in the country, and I was able to purchase one of them for a great discount.

After the installation, my impressions are these: The car is significantly more balanced under heavy braking, before it used to nose dive quite a lot. Brake dust is multiplied by at least 2-3 times now (OEM BMW pads). There is a "cricket" like noise when driving next to a wall or median, or in a garage. This is normal and due to the air that gets trapped between the slots/dimples of the rotors and the pad. Doesnt bother me, but has bothered others. Performance increase of these brakes isn't very significant over the OEM brake set-up. Look upgrade is very significant and makes a huge difference. Especially with rotors, the way my 513m wheels look now, due to lack of rotor hat rust (thanks to aluminum hats on these rotors), and the increased size of rotors to fill the empty space just looks sporty and premium.

Was able to save some money with OE rear rotors from Brembo (same as BMW M Perf rotors just without the BMW stamp). There are also even cheaper options from Zimmerman, but those are 1 piece steel rotors, that can rust, versus the OEM/OE 2 piece rotor that has an aluminum rotor hat.

Parts Installed:

Calipers: Front 4 Piston Brembo Calipers, Rear 2 Piston Calipers
Pads: OEM BMW Brake Pads
Rotors: Front OEM BMW Rotors Drilled Slotted / Rear Brembo OE Rotors Drilled Slotted (Product #: 09.C395.13)
Brake Lines: Bimmerworld F3X V3 SS Brake Lines
Attached Images

Appreciate 4