View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #17
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
pure common sense baffles me why people put so much value on Supras... the F and F movie franchise is all i can think of...

The supra turbo of that gen was not that great of a handler, was quite heavy, had a very laggy stock turbo and some could argue didn't even look that great. The other problem being that everyone now builds turbo motors that are significantly better and more modern (BMW to name one company). No one even cared about Supras until the movies and they weren't modded by anyone to run below 12 seconds in the 1/4 until mid 2000s lol. The current GTR can also run 6 seconds in the 1/4 w the proper mods and can be had for 50K all day for the car. BMW has incredible M cars now that are significantly more luxurious and can also be modded to be quick, as can plenty AMGs... it even shows Toyota can no longer create magic as they needed to borrow the most important components for the new car from BMW.
I wonder if this is a generational thing.

I was 16 when the 4th gen came out. WAY before F&F. We were all obsessed with the Supra Turbo back then. Instant legend. This was a car that was literally as fast as a Ferrari in a straight line. The performance numbers were awesome for the time and unreal at that price point.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00