View Single Post
      01-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #127
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Once you have to buy a new motor, you would have spent about the same as a new M3.

Faster car, factory warranty, no downtime, and no more idiotic forum posts.... sounds like a better deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
Well look at your amazing hindsight. So should every B58 owner who wants a faster car just buy an M3 to begin with, because one person had a major problem? It’s certainly not a better deal for the thousands who mod away and don’t blow a motor..
If you're pushing your car hard enough that you're going to blow up a motor and not be able to afford a new motor out of pocket, then the answer is obvious - you would have been better of buying an M3.

Perhaps there are plenty of people who do significant powertrain modifications that don't truly push their cars for a sustained period of time to cause immediate and catastrophic problems.

But I can guarantee that if I took a tuned N55/B58 vehicle and drove it in back to back sessions HPDE sessions in the intermediate/advanced groups, your engine won't last nearly as long as the warranty period.
Appreciate 0