bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Does the Supra version have valvetronic? I know BMWs have a traditional throttle body but I thought it was at WOT in normal driving conditions is that the case here since he talked about throttle by wire being faster than your foot suggesting the throttle body opens and closes like a normal drive by wire system. I want to see if he can make the worlds first 1000 HP B58. Doesn't seem impossible since I believe there are M55 and S55 or maybe B58 upwards of 700 HP. The S58 is already north of 500 HP stock.
Um... Its the same B58 thats in every BMW, Nothing different..
He was saying this engine is so new they had to pull it from a brand new Supra even though it's been around since 2016. And you can pretty much order it as a crate motor from BMW to put in your hot rod. Virtually every part is sold online. He did eventually acknowledge the partnership between Toyota and BMW and how he believed the engine could handle 1000 HP. Not to mention plenty of donor 340is that could be had for way less than a new Supra and pull that engine to take apart. Maybe he is doing this for views but he could say it's a Supra engine for clickbait then say we are using a BMW donor car with the same engine. He didn't know the timing chain was on the back or pretended not to know and was stripping the engine completely blind but knew there was no gasket for the oil pan. Though it was weird he had to modify his spark plug wrench as there are tools readily available for changing spark plugs on a B58 might as well get the right tools if you plan on modding. Granted there are several variants of the B58 but they are for the most part the same with some minor changes not enough to warrant calling it a brand new engine for purposes of a tear down video. You could just highlight the differences as part of the teardown.
Appreciate 0