01-15-2022, 05:01 AM   #45
boyerizm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_Buckeye View Post
Recently installed a kit that makes it so you're able to select between 9 different colors for the ambient lighting, as opposed to the stock 2 color ambient lighting. On top of the different colors, its also brighter than stock but not obnoxiously so. It's even visible in the daylight which is very nice. And the best part is that its all controlled in the iDrive, so there's no external remote or anything like with generic kits. This is easily my favorite mod I've done to my interior yet. The only thing I may try to address is the footwell lighting being a bit too bright; other than that its perfect.
The pictures show just a couple of the color options. I'm going with the dark purple-ish blue for now
Is this one of those AliExpress kits? Wasn't sure if it would work in my 2013 because I'm pretty sure it's CIC not NBT. But they were insisting it could work…

I was thinking about trying to shove a Philips Hue light strip into the door strip as an alternative. Not sure it will fit but am gonna give it a try.
Appreciate 0