- Fogs as welcome lights
- Alarm beep option enabled
- Digital speedo
- DVD in motion
- Boot open/close on keyfob
- Enhanced bluetooth
- Engine software update
- Gearbox software update.

I'm really pleased with all of the extra features unlocked and can notice the gearbox software update too (for the better), but reading this thread, I wanted to clarify with any of the coding experts on here if any of these codes will potentially give me issues with BMW should I need to go in for any warranty claims as the guy who carried out the work assured me it wouldn't and has not had any issues from any of his clients...
For me (not from a BMW perspective but from a warranty T&C's) the last two would be ones that could be used by BMW to get out of warranty claim.

So the customer decided to load their own firmware to our hardware and not use the firmware we test, keep under config control, now their hardware is not working properly....

That's not a coding point of view, that's from a hardware warranty point of view in regards to firmware.
I can see your point... but equally forum member can argue that they have been update to latest bmw firmware released by them.
Bmw launches those updates for improvement so I do not see that bmw has grounds to refuse the warranty work. They can say that all modules should have been updated to avoid issues though as that is recommended practice. But then there are many lazy dealers in London who only upgrade the modules which are absolutely necessary for the task / job.

For those who are worried;
1- FDL coding is undetectable and you should not be worried.
2- VO coding for EBT / 2TB / 3AG, if you go for this then after coding the required module, reverse the changes in the VO otherwise dealer will struggle as in the case of teaston. As far as you keep your VO string to how it came from the dealer, you will be good.
3- updating modules / ecus such as engine or gearbox. You either do the complete car or leave them alone. Reason is that bmw can decline the warranty work if only few modules are updated. One example is that engine and gearbox are updated and will work to their optimal levels however dsc module will still be on old parameters which may / will leave some errors. These errors will not show on the dashboard but will be floating in the database and will be picked by the dealer.
Soul_Glo13346.00