thatgarrett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [8.60]
rlesko

Finally completed it and got everything working!

My problem ended up being a few different things:
-the CAN wires must have gotten behind a clip or where a mounting bolt goes, because they were smashed on the middle side of the passenger footwell, the wiring was exposed and likely in contact with metal and led to my initial can errors. Remedied by cutting my CAN wires in the new harness as it passed the FEM and tapping wires there instead.
-still no rearview signal, so I set up eSYS on my Mac and all the pain that that is, and tried for multiple days to get it to connect to the car. Turns out the ENET cable was junk so I got a different one and it worked first try.
-then I never got the TSRVC to show up in ESYS, checked the wiring and the TSRVC wasn’t getting 12V, traced the wire to the rear fuse box and figured out I had installed it on the “bottom” row instead of the “top” row of the plug, the bottom row connects to nothing. Spent about 1.5 hours getting the old PIN out and slotting it in new connector.
-at this point, the rearview camera worked! I had done some coding via BimmerCode in expert mode at the beginning, so that is to say that you CAN do this retrofit without ESYS and just via BimmerCode by editing values in the HU and REM in expert mode!!
-I injected a new CAF into the TSRVC, edited my FA, and VO coded just to be safe and have everything happy. I’m planning on flashing my REM to a new iSTEP so my LCI tail lights inner turn signals will work, so the modified FA will be used to flash the rearview camera settings back in when I do that.

All in all, 2 silly mistakes made this longer than it should have been, but everything works and no harm done!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rlesko238.50