Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5  [9.50]
2004 BMW K1200RS  [10.00]
Guys keep in mind that BMW slowed production of the 3-Series anticipating it being the last year of the F30. These numbers only tell half of the story since we don't know what their production/sales percentages are.

BMW irrelevant in America? Still profitable? Of course not. Absolutely.
This is a healthy decrease in sales of only 2.4% for the year. Most manufacturers are down. It's only logical after sales being on an upward trend for the last 7 years. I would not be concerned about BMW, I'd be concerned about Chrysler. They are down 8.6% and all you see on TV for the last 3 months is their ads, drilling the fact that you can "Save 20% to 25% off MSRP" on their cars.

On the continued complaints about BMW making hybrid Ms, diluting the brand, being the German Toyota blah blah blah. Mercedes Benz sold 6% more trucks vs cars in 2016 and that number went up to almost 13% more trucks vs cars for 2017. I'm sure those have helped the more positive numbers from Mercedes, even though they are still down. On the other hand, BMW still sold 22% more CARS vs trucks compared to Mercedes this year. Don't forget that MB makes commercial vans, BMW does not. BMW makes excellent motorcycles and their sales have increasingly gone up on that segment while conquering more market share. Yes, I agree that the focus has shifted and SUV sales are very important for this market but compared to everybody else, BMW is still very true to their performance image.
Appreciate 0