View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #38
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
DVC Yes basically what I found as well, there's no interest in a modded car. I just parted out and sold my E92 stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
@kern417 yea there's no way I can route anything to the fender liner whatsoever. The tires I have are 245/40-18's and they leave a very tight gap even with no duct there :/

A friend mentioned putting in NACA ducts which I did see on another thread but to get the hose there, etc would be harder than just running it to the front lip.
I wouldn't use a NACA duct. Just route the hose through the dedicated brake cooling holes in the bumper, it's the ideal place. That is how VAC Motorsports configured my E92.

You're probably not going to eliminate the possibility of rubbing. Put the hose as far out of the way as possible and make sure it's secured there e.g. won't get displaced if it contacts the tire. Zip ties around the hose through the fender liner ought to ensure that. (See my photos.)

Then what you need to determine is how often the tire will rub the hose. If it happens just doing a 90 degree turn from a Stop sign then you have a problem and will probably have to concede that you'll need to install the hoses at the track and that's it. Otherwise just deal with the rubbing and replace the hose when it wears through. If it has a small hole you can just use some duct tape to patch it at the track.

Charles
Solidjake945.00