12-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #93
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangheemin View Post
Dang3r, could you upload that information please? I would really like to have a step by step guide on how to remove and all that as I would like to do this mod as well. I have the wood trim and really needs for it to go.
Sure thing, here goes, more pictures are following if necessary:

Proceed as follows: Remove the big frame around the shifter, where the silver trim is attached. Its only snapped in and could be removed by pulling in a soft spatula and tilt it to move the frame up.

Lift it over the shift knob and turn around.

You'll see onto the other side a row of 8 metal shims around the silver trim. DO NOT TRY TO PULL JUST DOWN, because the trim studs are medsoft plastic, which torns at certain tension load! It longs to remove the shims on the longer side and on top on bottom. The 3 close setted ones could be easy turned outta the frame when the rest are removed. You should insert a small slot screwdriver into the shim and bend one of the four flaps aside, that you'll be able to lift the shim without harming the stud. After removal bend back for later reapplication.

When trim removed, bring on the wrap and ensure not to let too much material staying over, because the space is not too much under the trim, cut close to avoid any bubbles.

Reinstall trim vice versa and press tight so verify a flat passing. Reinstall the shims onto the studs and make your way around to set them tight back around the whole trim.

Move the frame back over the shift knob and 'click' it back, enjoy your work and post some pics, good luck.

Hope, that'll help, any more questions, let me know.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox

Last edited by Dang3r; 12-10-2015 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0