Rep
Drives: FD, CBR600RR, F82

Garage List
2016 SMB M4  [0.00]
1993 Mazda RX-7  [0.00]
2007 Honda CBR600RR  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
1) Everquest Online return since it was killed after SOE was bought out and trashed by Daybreak Game Company.
2) PCI-E SSD (not SATA based) for faster data transfer (SATAIII is great and all, but 2k Mbps is much nicer than 600 Mbps).
3) minimum of 1TB, but prefer 2TB
4) Better push for PS VR game development (had a PSVR but returned it after 3 days because the only game I liked was AC7 and that was it).
5) integrated IR sensor so I can use a single remote for everything
6) included verticle stand so I don't have to buy a $20 one from Best Buy
7) sold in a portable carrying case (not hard to sell it in durable, plastic case that I can stow it in for trips) instead of the cheap cardboard based packaging.

#2 isn't all that relevant. In all my gaming stuff, a SATA SSD is more than sufficient. Maybe they can make use of it, but generally speaking, it's not worth the cost. And 2k Mbps is only 2Gbps or 250MBps. A pci-e SSD will run around 2GBps, but for sequential tests. I don't know how sequential gaming is in this context, but I don't think it's a good measure.

#3, they're going to need 2TB at the absolute minimum. Games are only getting bigger, and next gen games will just amplify that.

The rest of it is irrelevant.

I still like the idea of a more modular system. Have them sell platform specific upgrades as opposed to whole new systems. Their dev costs would drop significantly and they'll still make a killing selling parts.

Which is why I still prefer a PC.