Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
congrats on the new car!

i don't understand your comment. so that's fine if the bulletin doesn't apply but are they saying they aren't responsible to fix a creaking brand new car? that's silly.

i had the same issue on all four doors as is common with the shadowline door trim.

they first cleaned it. came back an hour later. they used a bmw lubricant. came back next day. then they replaced all four door guides and finally the silence was back and it has been great for three weeks or so.

can't believe a bmw dealer would tell you your SOL basically and not make it right.
Well, they said the teflon tape fix did not apply to my car even though I know it does. I already have the new door guides, so they wouldn't swap those out. They cleaned the door seals and that got rid of the squeaking/groaning temporarily (it was quiet when I picked it up from service) , but 1 week later and it is getting louder again. I could take it back, but considering the tape cost me $15 and will probably only take about 30 minutes to install myself, I'd rather just do it on my own. It will be less time/effort for me than to fight with this particular service department. I could also try my other local dealership. I've had pretty good luck with their service department in the past but again, it will probably be more time/effort than just fixing things myself.

Trust me, I was not happy about this particular design defect and noted it on my first survey under the "car was delivered without defects/issues" section, along with the incorrectly installed M Performance exhaust from the port, which is another frequently occurring issue that should have been stopped by now.

If it were something more serious or that I couldn't do myself with minimal effort, I would be making a bigger stink about it.
Is there a tutorial on teflon tape fix?
Appreciate 0