Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSungF30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Sorry to not read all the recent pages, but can someone answer a simple question for me: has anyone figured out how to reprogram theses cars (f30 specifically) to run RWD same as xdelete does? Seems to me if xdelete can do it, a simple register change (or a few should too). I have used INPA on E90, so it wouldn't be with zero practice
Curious to know also! anyone?
You can do it from esys.

"You can just change with ESYS module DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv to nicht_aktiv
After you code this you will have RWD car WITH traction control, which can be turned off"

The traction light will stay on, but you will have a RWD car.
This appears to be exactly what I am looking for. Is it also fully reversible ie setting back to active brings back AWD and the traction light goes off?

Can someone confirm that they've used the RWD ESYS coding with success?
Yes when you change it back it goes back to like it used to be. No light and awd working. You can also have a similar result my removing a fuse (different number depending on the car). But with the fuse you lose dsc, dtc and abs, so not the best experience

I had two backups one rwd and one awd so i can quickly switch.

But I think that XDelete is doing more than that. It is loading a different program to the transfer case. Also you retain full functionality of safety systems. It is more refined.

If you just want to play a bit once in a while in a safe environment I would do the esys method. But I am running the rwd mode constantly and the car is my daily, so I went for XDelete at the end.
Ok so if I am understanding correctly when you turn off this flag and go into RWD via the code, the traction is really off, not that the traction warning is simply there to warn the driver that something driving is not right ie AWD deactivated - if so that's a negative for me - less sure footed in the rain

Also, are you happy with xdelete, worth it?
Yeah all nannies are off. That is why I went for xDelete.

I am very happy with it. I have an issue once when I changed back to awd. I was dragging the wheels. I contacted them and they weren't sure what is wrong. I fixed it with recalibration the transfer box. After telling them they added it to the software so it is rock solid now. During the winter I have awd all the time but from March I will go back to rwd full time. More fun to drive and better mpg.
Appreciate 3