View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #24
manoj517
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Just because AutoCheck doesn’t show maintenance records doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I take it the car is not at a BMW dealer. It’s very unlikely the previous owner did all of his own maintenance since maintenance was included with the new car purchase for either three or four years (can’t remember exactly when they reduced the duration). The dealer/salesman is most likely just feeding you a line. Do get a PPI. Also, take the last seven of the VIN to a BMW dealer service department and ask if they will check the service records for you. You’ll need to go in person as it’s very unlikely they’ll do it over the phone. Also, check the in-service date. A 2016 may very well have some new car warranty left on it.
No this is not a BMW dealer and yes that's what made me wonder as BMW was giving free maintenance. The car still has factory warranty for another 5000 miles and the dealer said they would provide extended warranty which should be good to be used at any BMW dealership. But anyway I'll try to get service record from a BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0