General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmX32 View Post
Hey,
i want to code some of these features for my car when it arrives however my father was telling me the car's coding is extremely complicated and might have bugs that are not causing problems with the way everything is set up now but changing some values might cause those bugs to manifest in ways that can compromise the cars safety, or cause serious problems. However from reading this forum it doesn't seem like coding some small things like roll up windows/fold mirrors, etc shouldn't be a problem if i'm careful and i could always restore the factory settings.

Long story short how risky do you guys think is to code my car?
and
has anyone had any major problems doing so?

BTW i don't know if it makes a difference but i'm leasing
The Risk is minimal. Generally speaking, for most coding where a parameter is being toggled from from one state to another (e.g. off to on), the alternate state exists for a reason as it is being used by BMW in some other market, or with some option code your car was not configured with from the factory. So, by design it is a supported state.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0