View Single Post
      08-17-2023, 04:44 AM   #1
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

I assume this would be the correct thread to post feedback on the forum as it's in the general topics.

I previously owned a 335i, and had a great time using bimmerpost. Whether it was to post pictures, ask for help on issues, look at DIY posts, or look at parts for sale from vendors/private sellers. It was a breeze.

This year, I purchased an n55 435i and logically went back to bimmerpost as they have separate links to all the BMW classes. However, in my experience these past few months, it hasn't been smooth as it was for the 3 series site.

For example, whenever I search for used parts in the Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons forum or in the Regional Forums. There are various posts flooded with different classes. I see one post where they are selling performance parts for a 340i (b58), another selling a tuner for a 328i (n20), and a factory exhaust for a 335i (n55).

This is an issue (to me) because it opens a flood gate. For example, if I am looking to buy a used jb4, and the seller posts it as "n55 jb4", I am going to assume it's a direct fit for my car. However, this is not entirely true. If you go to Burger Tuning's site, they categorize the car series & model that specifically states "F Chassis N55 BMW JB4 Tuner." Whereas, for the 3 series n55, they have it listed as "E Chassis N55 BMW JB4 Tuner."

This would be okay if the seller is a vendor. Because they will let you know specifically what part is compatible with your car. And if there is an issue, you can always return under their refund policy or exchange. Yet, for a private seller, they can choose to refund you or not. If the latter, than you have an expensive paper weight that is not compatible with your car.

So, the question is, why are members allowed to post threads for 3-series cars when this site is specifically for the 4-series?
Appreciate 0