07-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #6
Digital_83
OO=[][]=OO
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F36 430xD M Sport/THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalien34 View Post
Old topic I know. But I drove my uncle's Subaru Legacy for 20 ish miles and noticed that its gearbox is actually smoother than my F36..........

Particularly from a stand still start the throttle is very light and responsive, the car tends to be very lively from the get go. (Of coz on free way speed it's not comparable to the 2.0L turbo engine)

Most importantly, there very minimal or even unnoticeable jerk/hesitation in low speed (between 1st and 2nd) compared to the F36!!! Once I got off the ramp from the free way, merged onto the local traffic in front a light. The original lane had a long line, and therefor I slowed down to get ready for a stop, then realized the next lane is pretty much free then I pull into it and stepped hard onto the pedal. In my normal experience with the F36, such a sudden hard acceleration from a very low speed will almost definitely result in a jerky acceleration. Almost every time I step hard on the pedal when the car was about to fully stop the tranny would be in between gears which creates the jerkiness.

But no, not in the Legacy... It was fast yet smooth and I almost can't even feel the gear change... Oh my....

Anyone had similar experience? Since the 2 cars gave me very different feeling I know it wasn't my driving style... Is it related to the adaptive throttle? Does resetting it help?
ECO mode is the jerkiest of them all on my F36. I really mean it. Occasionally it would JERK so damn hard during throttle application that my teeth begin shaking ..

Taking it to a local dealer in a month for the first oil change [approaching 7k - and did do mid-interval change myself @ 3000 miles] and will be addressing it. Not sure if its just a nature of the car's transmission system/ software update or an underlying issue. It's been like this from the day 1.
Appreciate 0