View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 07:08 AM   #723
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Do you have a background in football and/or coaching? Not a dig, genuine question. I'm a casual fan and it's always interesting to listen to people that can see things that a person like me can't. I like watching games that Romo calls for that very reason.
I played football as a youth and have always nerded out over football strategy, technique, and scheme/concepts. The true football nerd in me was compelled to once write a paper on the zone blitz. I'm not an expert, never coached, or played in college but I believe I have above average knowledge of what I'm looking at when I watch a football game. I also have a friend who started at QB for a Power 5 school, started in the NFL, and now is a coach in the NFL, so that helps.

Romo knows football, no question about it. Once he got in the booth I had a newfound respect for him. Some people hate him, but I think he provides a tremendous amount of value to the broadcast. There are several others on TV or YT who have a deep knowledge for the game and they're not just talking heads.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615466.00