View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #99
SoonerJohnInDallas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i - ED scheduled 3/1/12

Okay, it's time for a proper update and some more pictures.
  • Friday after the castle I returned to Munich and met "Entropic Artist" and his friend for dinner. We had a good time, but forgot to take a picture! Didn't do anything other than dinner and one beer since they had flown in overnight and done the car delivery that day and were pretty worn out.
  • Yesterday, I drove out east on the A8 to the border with Austria just before Salzburg (more to share on that drive out, but will have to do it later since it'll take more time) and then went down to drive up near the "Eagle's Nest". Not surprisingly, the road was still closed to get all the way up, but it was a neat area regardless
  • Then I drove across the German Alpine Road all the way to Fussen where I stayed for the night. (Yes, I did a big circle that brought me right back to the castle again :-)
  • I'm about to head out for the day and will make my way north up the Romantic Road until I decided it's time to call it a day.

I'll follow this post up immediately with some more pictures, going all the way back to delivery time and through. (I've had several requests for more photos of the car!)
Appreciate 0