View Single Post
      06-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
es
Rep
Drives: F30 316i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu14t View Post
To be fair this sounds like a rare anomaly and not something common on these forums before. However,it doesn't mean that someone may be able to help.

But as HighlandPete said if you are that bothered you may have to throw loads of money at it. A good independent may be good but have nowhere near the pool of knowledge that BMW will have. I suspect the indie will use ISTA the same as BMW, the standard diagnostic software even for a dealer. The advantage a dealer will have is access to the PuMA diagnostics database. Are you suggesting that if they don't find a fault then any work should be free?

It probably can be fixed but it's obviously not going to be easy and you may have to rely on a sympathetic main dealer taking the time to look into it. You then you have to factor in labour similar to a solicitors hourly rate and then it becomes an economy of scales for a part that may only cost tens of pounds.
No, I am not suggesting that, quite the opposite actually, as I said I don't mind paying, I gladly paid the shop now, what I meant was I don't want to do the same, get diagnostics and possible solutions and yet again come empty handed, that's why I came to these forums for help, to find a solution or fond someone who has one. Im so sorry if I wasn't clear before, not sure if I make any sense now, but I hope you get the idea.

And regarding the problem you're absolutely right, I have found only 1 post on bimmer posts with same issue and zero replies, no idea how it worked out, besides this there is pretty much nothing even relatively close to this issue. I may be one of fhe first ones to experience this, but not the last one.

Also, I wonder what else can cause this if everything was checked and some parts even replaced. I found it very interesting that when I picked up the keys the guys at the shop said it's a mystery, because everything checks out. I am super curious to find out what is causing it.

I am sorry if I sound rude or something, I disnt mean to. I just love the car so much and this kills me a lot. Many thanks
Appreciate 0