paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Stumped with this now guys - made sure to do all of the above but no success.

Even restored the back-up we took of the car and office functionality disappeared, but coding 6NS or 6NW only served to enable this. Still no telephone 2 option anywhere. Assuming that any car with ID5 from factory has the necessary hardware for EBT?

At a complete loss. If anyone can think where we’ve gone wrong then that’d be great but at this stage I give up!
For what it is worth, im getting the exact same results

I have a 2016 F36

All it does is enable Office. No telephone 2 shown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu14t View Post
You may be doing this but here's what works for me:

After I change the FA from 6NH to 6NS, I push the little button that looks like a open door next to the SALAP box

and then press the SAVE symbol (disk button at the Top).

Go back to expert mode and click Coding

Right click on FA and Activate FA

Then read SVT

Right click on NBT2 folder and code.

You don't need to write the FA back to the car

Edit: to be fair I can't see anything that stands out in your list. It all looks good
So I actually gave this a shot... fwiw it still writes the FA back to the car.

I loaded up my base FA, and re-wrote it back to the car. Then tried the steps you outlned. Looks like it still writes it to the car, because i tried doing a FA Read and it came back with 6NS instead of 6NH

-----

EDIT: Nevermind ... missed a step when i installed esys to prevent the FA from writing each time you do an FDL

On E-Sys Menu Bar, select "Options" and then "Settings" and on the "OPTIONS" Tab Uncheck the boxes for "Update VCM after TAL execution" and "Update MSM after TAL execution".

Last edited by paimon.soror; 11-29-2017 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0