02-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #365
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
Should I still go through with the ngk sparkplugs? I was also thinking about trying the 91 flash. Before I try the reflash I'm going to try the sunoco gas tomorrow when I fill up as well as a few more WOT pulls.

Btw, is there any resources out there on how to analyze logs out there and/or how did you learn this stuff?
Yes, get the NGK plugs and definitely try the 91 octane map. You can easily go back to the 93 map again if you want.

An easy way to test if octane is the problem is to throw some Boostane 100 in your tank.

I suggest going back to the beginning of this thread and reading through each page. You'll start to pick up what's important.

For an off the shelf (OTS) tune from BM3/MHD etc the boost and air fuel ratio are all going to be OK, assuming your car is mechanically good.

You want to see ignition timing for each cylinder do a nice smooth curve from 20 - 30 degrees at low load, close to 0 degrees at peak torque and then increase towards 12 - 17 degrees at redline, depending on the tune and octane of your gas. Ideally all cylinders would have the same ignition timing, you have zero timing corrections and delta for knock stays at zero.

Also, if you get wheel spin, or even if DSC is active and anticipates wheel spin, you may see boost drop, throttle closure and timing being pulled.
Quarter mile 10.93@127mph
Appreciate 0