First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
If you can stay within the mileage .... leasing is the way to go imho... $20,000 financed 5 years is approx. $375.... regular 330i is $419 ... no maintenance...no headaches...
Looking at current BMW lease specials, the 330i lease of $419 a month requires $4K at signing, then again each time you start another lease (effectively $111 per month x 36 months).

With the used car, at the end of the 5 years he will have a car likely worth $7k at the end of the 3 year lease $0 and he needs to come up with another $4k to start another lease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
If you can stay within the mileage .... leasing is the way to go imho... $20,000 financed 5 years is approx. $375.... regular 330i is $419 ... no maintenance...no headaches...
No maintenance no headaches. But you're paying for a car that isn't yours & every mod must be reverted before returning it. & should you choose to buy the car, you've taken the hit for all the depreciation
Same here, paid off is nice, no need to freak out for accidental door dings, shopping carts etc and can still fetch a few grand at Private or Carvana sales. The financial experts say, if your gonna not put alot of miles on her per year, better to purchase a good maybe CPO'd and if possible garage that baby, that is what my situation is. I have a 2013, low miles and looks brand new lol..