View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 09:21 PM   #41
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I have never been to Vietnam but look forward to it. We were supposed to go a couple of months ago and never got too far into the details as it seemed unlikely to happen.

in the last 3 years have been to Cambodia, Singapore, Myanmar, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea (craziest place I have been), Fiji, India, New Zealand and Australia in this region, some multiple times (other places in the Middle East), all for work but I try to see things when possible. I took this job partly for the travel but trying to hit some other areas soon as I am not sure how long until I start looking for another job. When traveling all the time it can be too much, now I am ready to go.

For Thailand, mostly around Bangkok but our plant is in Ayutthaya (about an hour north), then to Phucket, Chang Rai/Chang Mai in the north of Thailand, Kho Samui on the Gulf (resort), Rayong and Pattaya, then a lot of other areas for short trips. I now drive myself which is difficult to figure out and takes a lot of concentration but no accidents yet. Still not sure what happens in the case I get in an accident but it is a company SUV and there is a phone number on the windshield for our insurance company. I was told I should get an international drivers license but haven't, main benefit seems to be they can confiscate it and I won't care. I like visiting and you can live well on far less money but I have no interest in living there permanently. It's very hot all year round.

Wow, nice. What did you think of Cambodia? We made a stop there, absolute disaster...at least the part we went to.
Appreciate 0