BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
Yes I would. Especially when those numbers are crank not at the wheels.
+ the fact is that BMW sandbags a lot of their advertised horsepower numbers to keep a spread among different price range cars.

Don't know if the MPPK number is valid or not but my 335is dynod WHP within a few of the advertised BHP rating suggesting the car was underrated by BMW.

Automobile mag did back to back tests of two N54 one N55 all factory rated at 300BHP & all 3 had different WHP numbers.
Bmw does do a lot of detuning amongst their vehicles to meet various markets and price points. And they do tend to under rate their cars. Much more so on the big m cars (not including m235i) than say the 3 series but under rate them nonetheless. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

All numbers given for dinan tronics are based on the difference in measured stock to what our tune did on our test vehicle. We provide a graph showing exactly what we measured for both stock and with tune on each product page. The hp and torque rating given earlier in the thread is a real number not derived by including the under rated factory rating but the delta we measured from stock to tune.

Not sure why we got away from these graphs the last generation of cars but I am glad that we are back to providing this data like we did in the distant past.
Appreciate 0