02-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #2
kahnfucious
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronemeister View Post
Hey, it's your typical N20 post complaining about the sounds coming from my engine . I understand that they do get loud due to the direct fuel injectors. But, over the last 2-3k km I've driven this car the idle has become increasingly loud and the overall performance (all 184 horses LOL) I've felt while driving has been lacking. The engine itself also seems to be vibrating and moving more than it used to. Currently at 147k km with the oil, filters, spark plugs, and ignition coils recently changed and I plan on putting in a JB4. I'd appreciate it if you guys would take a look at the vid and give your opinion based on experience with these engines. Thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention the faint tapping noise the background which worries me the most.

I have that faint tapping noise too - 2016 N26 with 25k miles - I think it's more pronounced when cold.

On my MINI cooper - there was an Evap solenoid that would make a tapping noise if the car was left sitting for a few days.

I'm still under warranty so I'll ask them when u bring it in for my 30k service.

Sorry I could be more help
Appreciate 0