View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #2244
gt2013
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutman286 View Post
So I have been reading through as much of this thread as I can... forgive me if I missed where someone talked about this already. I use my Avin 10.5" primarily with CarPlay. If it helps, I just barely purchased it. It's for a BMW X3 E83. Just to give some of my own experience so far, the first unit I got was totally messed up electrically. Plugging in the "aux" cable caused my factory radio to shut off, GPS didn't work, and it couldn't keep the time to save its life. I finally got ahold of Tommy and he helped me exchange it. I now have a second unit installed, and all is well.

Has anyone figured out a way to set the unit up so it WILL NOT automatically open the "music" app every time you start the car? It drives me nuts! I don't necessarily have to get "autoplay" to open on its own every time, but just having the unit boot to the home menu instead of the "music" app would be awesome. I don't have iDrive, so having it boot into that menu doesn't really help either...
You could always disable the Music App via the Android settings if you do not use it. (Android settings -> Apps -> find MusicPlayer and -> Disable). I've done it before and the launcher seems to work fine. CAUTION: The MusicPlayer calls and starts the EventCenter service that enables Canbus control aka Media buttons etc.
Appreciate 0