01-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #108
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Lets hear from everyone who has fought a warranty denial to the bitter end which will be in a Court of Law. Won or lost I'd love to hear how the process went, how much time and money you invested and what the outcome was? Dealer/manufacturer has all the power, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have a broken car sitting in their driveway for months or perhaps years that they are making payments on but can't use.
3 years and $65k plus out of my pocket in parts every month in legal fees.

Manufacturer indemnified Dealership so they took it all over. They spent over $100k in legal fees according to their filings.

I won. They purchased car back. But as in virtually all non-lemon law suits, attorney fees are not reimbursed.

Also means I had to keep non-functional car for 3+ years while suit went on and obviously that includes insurance etc.

Car MSRP was about $58k new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Please stop drinking the dealership kool-aid. A lot of the companies that make aftermarket components are also OEM suppliers. It's ridiculous to think that a filter from a reputable company will blow your engine. The fact that you still think it lets larger debris through, much less debris large enough to damage your engine, shows how little you know. Meanwhile the factory engine configuration is shoveling oil vapor into the intake tract to be burned off. But it's just another part of the expensive OEM design, so it must be fine.

There is a very expensive intake that is “very well respected” and used on many M Vehicles that changed their filters about a year ago because the filters were letting in particles that were destroying turbos fins and more.

I would post brand again but got tired of F8x owners who refused to believe it was true trying to argue something they knew nothing about.

At least IND sent new filters to everyone who had previously purchased. Of course, as reason was not told why, I’m betting most just thought....wow....free replacement...I’ll just hold on to it until I need it.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 01-14-2019 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0