badfish718
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F30 335i M-Sport EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Beautiful car. Congrats.

But as one who is heavily into coding my car, I wouldn't recommend that new owners code first thing. That's so you can get to know your car as it was intended to be by BMW.

For instance, coding ASS to remember the last setting is NOT something that needs to be coded. Search this board; you'll see that BMW will -- for free -- make that option a permanent (equivalent of changing your FA) option in the car.

There's so much to absorb in a new, cyberdyne BMW these days that I think it's better to have a baseline understanding of the car in its stock form before you begin altering it.

On another point: I also believe that for the enthusiasts who hang out here, coding is something well within your grasp. Actual tire pressure and weather band are two items Kyokio didn't list as changed in his car. I think that if you take the time to figure out how to do it yourself, you are less likely to overlook killer coding changes like these. Plus, you can conveniently recode your car when the dealer updates the entire car, which most likely wipes out coding changes (FDL coded-changes, that is).
What?

It has nothing to do with BMW's intentions. You received your car with certain options disabled due to US DOT laws and regulations. Amber corners, seat belt reminder, Video in motion...all government rules. He just had these options enabled right away, no reason to get on his case for not DIY-ing it. Coding is easy but it's not for everyone, regardless if you enjoy it or not. I personally find it tedious and my cable has been collecting dust since my second coding session, so to each their own.

And weatherband...really?

Nice ride OP, if it were available in June we'd have the same car, same options. Miss the coupe...good luck with it.

Prev:
07 E92 335i Montego/Saddle - Stage 2+
Appreciate 0