04-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #149
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Could you please explain how logging has to be done with the Simon3 cable.
Is there a manual/ guide for it?

I could pull some logs as well then and send to the AA guys if they would like to have a look at them.

I'm not having any problems or concerns so far just personal intrest in the engine data.
You can't data log with Simon3 - fairly sure he is using TorquePro App + OBD Adapter (which is what I use)

I know you can buy cheap $12 adapters off fleabay - but I don't trust coding my car with those (when using Bimmercode) + the one I have has VERY fast communication which is important for data logging multiple parameters at same time

I use:
ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows - got it directly from mfg. & it was cheaper than on Amazon, immediate connect & never a dropped connection...

KEY FEATURES:
  • Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor - LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
  • BatterySaver technology - LX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery.
  • Hacker-proof - utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
  • Read & clear check engine light - Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
  • Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC's - Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
  • Works on a wider range of vehicles - OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
  • Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software - Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz licence for Windows.
  • Superior compatibility - works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
  • Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (SW-CAN & MS-CAN) in addition to standard OBD-II protocols.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-04-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
ceedawg466.00