10-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Missing #3

Just stumbled upon this thread while looking for something else. So yes, I know it's a few years old. I was a mad NASCAR fan, and Earnhardt was my guy. Not the same since he died. I tried watching a few races after his death but it wasn't the same, it was like switching teams. I just couldn't. I was supposed to be at Daytona the day Dale died, but at the last minute I couldn't make it. I'm glad.

That was also the first year the race went from TNN to network TV. It just wasn't the same with the network guys broadcasting the race. They didn't get the nuances. They weren't excited, they weren't NASCAR fans.

I've been to Daytona a handful of times, Dover and Talladega. It was a great spectator sport. As far as go fast turn left, I used to say the same thing. Then one Sunday I was flipping through the TV stations and happened upon that moment. The race was at one of the super speedways, and the cars were 4 wide on the straightaway doing 200 mph. I was hooked.