View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #48
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I've bought and sold stuff for years on Ebay and Craigslist. My wife made a decent living at it for a while. You'd be amazed at how much people spend on pets. Anyway, First rule is to protect yourself - if anything seems sketchy at all, bail. There is a gentleman on this very forum that was trying to sell me a set of wheels. After we texted back and forth for a while, he says he will text pics of the wheels but comes up with excuses. I bailed. No harm done.
In my experience, any sort of sideways motion on the other fella's part is a reason to bail, a red flag.
One example of sideways - they have a certain town listed on a forum as where they live but when contacted from that forum they tell you they live elsewhere - bail. They have an email address listed on a forum but when you try to contact them at that email they "don't use that one anymore" - bail. Any excuse at all is a red flag. Any putting it off ("I'm going on vacation so lets do this next week") - bail. Any changes to the deal is a red flag. Especially being in a rush to "get this deal done" - that's the biggest red flag of all.

This is the internet - for all you know I could be a little green space alien typing this from Elon Musks Roadster as I circle the solar system...