View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #28
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialmountain View Post
Ran the new tune and got some additional logs on the V2 of my ACN map with just costco 92 octane:

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5db4ceacae729b6e85c58407

PTF's review said that my Diverter Valve is likely on its way out and they've seen this before even with less than 50k miles. So i'll likely be getting the GFB DV+ to remedy this. I may suggest the same to you if you're confident in your CP and IC install sealed well. I looked at your logs again and you're only a few psi off so I wouldn't think there is a major leak in the intercooler flow track.
Did they give any indication why they think its the DV? Just because you can't maintain boost once the throttle opens 100%? I'm pretty sure that is a PITA to install unless you are swapping turbo or something at the same time. Looking at your log, it seems weird that the throttle opens all the way then closes abruptly after. Your turbo seems to spool really fast... and it looks like the throttle closure was because MAP was going to overshoot boost target (which it did). Once the throttle opens back up, you cant maintain target boost. I assume thats why they suspect DV?

I found and fixed a leak at my IC-CP connection and wrote about that and my boost leak tester on the Oring and boost leak tester threads. Direct link to the post about my leak and the solution with new logs is here (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=23). I have better boost control and can reach target as early as 2nd gear now, but still not in 1st. I assume thats normal. 4th-5th gear pulls look on point, except i am still below target in the first part of 4th gear when i do a pull from low RPM. Since my boost leak tester works now, I am 100% sure i dont have leaks on any of the parts I installed.

I might suggest confirming no boost leaks before you go down the DV path.
Appreciate 0