View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #19
dpod25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by n49ex View Post
When I recently posted my new SNB 440i GC I included a bunch of rationale for most of my configuration choices. One thing I forgot to mention was my opinion on window tinting. While I can understand a few cases of where someone is seriously bothered by too bright an environment, otherwise I would never tint my windows! WHY do some people do that??? Please explain it to me! It has to be because you don’t want others to see you! And why would you do that? Because you want to drive like a jerk and not have eye contact with those observing you! So, I have always maintained that when you tint your windows you should also install one of those yellow caution diamonds, like the ones that say “Baby On Board”, only they should say “A...Hole On Board”. But then again, that may not be necessary, as others will already know it when they see the tinted windows.....

C’mon folks, leave that to the Hemi Dodge Charger crowd. Try not to undermine the class of the BMW...

But, that’s just my opinion.....Just say’in....
Yeah, I'm actually not a fan of dark tints myself. My primary goal with tint is simply heat reduction. I've got 50% Crystalline tint on my F30, and it REALLY does cut down on the heat entering the car. We're already noticing that our untinted F36 interior heats up quite fast after just a few minutes in the sun.

I'm actually thinking of doing 70% Crystalline so that it better complements the SRB paint.
Appreciate 0