View Single Post
      10-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #34
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
Why did he offer you a lower price than you were willing to pay? It's pretty simple--the reps are cogs in a machine with a set script and set parameters of what they can agree to. You want 12 months at $60 instead of 6 months at $30--nope; we can't do that; we don't have a button that allows us that option. They have a defined set of deals that they can offer, and they can't be modified.

To me, it's like mail-in rebates. It's worth it for SXM to force customers to have to call back to re-negotiate their rates because not all of them will do it. Just like a good percentage of customers won't will out the paperwork for a mail-in rebate, or if the rebate is incorrectly rejected, many won't follow up to get it fixed. If they used "up front" pricing, everyone would get the best deal, and it would hurt revenues. Comcast does the exact same thing--except I've gotten them to a place where I only have to call them every 2 years.
Oh yes, I know those things all too well.
Sirius phone reps, who mostly are not in the US, can't do anything about adjusting pricing unless it is a predetermined and set offer.
That is a poor business decision on Sirius's part, imo.

Yes, it's all programmed response, and it's one that hurts Sirius's reputation with it's customers.
Their sales and customer service have no agility or flexibility to address and correct an issue, to help increase customer confidence and satisfaction thus ensuring continued subscription without the constant need to employ an army of offshore reps to play "nicey nice" on the phone with angry customers.
Seems that either that method works for Sirius, or they don't care to improve their business and take a different approach.
This is problem with allowing monopolization and strictly limiting or removing a true "free market".
In the cable industry Xfinity controls it because our legislators allowed that monopoly to happen. There is lateral competition, but nothing yet that is a direct competitor, and that allows Xfinity to continue to charge crazy pricing for TV and internet services.
But, that's a different topic, I digress.

Unfortunately, BMW's radio reception is piss poor that I need to have a radio service in order to get a "live" radio broadcast.
The radio reception my last 3 BMW's has been extremely awful, and every time their tech's "look into it", I get the standard, "no problem found" or "normal operation".

Still, no matter how one looks at it Sirius's business practices SUCK from my customer point of view.
I am looking at other options, and when I find the one that works better for me Sirius is GONE.
Appreciate 0