05-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoilui View Post
Hello, I'm debating on waiting on a 2014 328i xDrive superman color combo or buying a certified 2013 that I found 1,000 miles away. I'm concerned about ordering a car as I won't have much room to negotiate.

2013 m-sport Estoril/black with 4,100 miles with Tech and Premium and heated front. Clean carfax report and is certified. Asking price is $44k but 1,000 miles away from where I am.

I have never purchased a car out of state before so that is also worry some; dealer wants to discuss pricing in person vs. online. Any advice? What would you offer on the used car?

Buying the used would save me thousands from new so I'm in a pickle.
You're going to have a lot of things to take into consideration for buying the used one that is 1,000 miles away. Look at your opportunity costs here and decide from there, only you can best gauge your utility.

I say wait for the 2014 (the allocations are going to be opening up the first week of June according to BMW).

Also the most important part just because you're ordering does NOT mean you have no room to negotiate. Don't let them tell you any different....it makes no difference at all between ordering vs. buying one in stock

If they're not willing to give you the price you want there are many other dealers out there that can order one for you. Ask yourself this question: "Does this dealer really deserve my hard earned money?". I say this because once you order, the dealer is going to be your main line of communication throughout the order process. And if they're decent, they will provide you with timely updates on the progress of your car.

Good luck to you (if you have more quesitons....post on!) and keep us posted.

Last edited by phx08; 05-16-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0