View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
thegump
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Of course it is all preference, but I chose to move to Osaka, Japan when I was 18. Had my 19th birthday there and planned never to return to the states and life happened. I needed to return to the states and did, and of course, life took a different turn.

Fast forward 8 years later, I’m married and the wife and I wanted to have kids. We decided to take one last hurrah prior. This included a week in Tokyo and two weeks on the Gold Coast. While we thoroughly enjoyed Australia and crossed it off our bucket list, my preference was largely Japan and likely always will be.

To conclude, I recommend you go to Japan and cross it off your list. It is all the things people say it is. The people are as wonderful and welcoming as you hear and you will find a dream fulfilled and not altered. I hear, more often than not, that folks want to go but have not. I can’t encourage you enough, just do it.

I have many vacation dreams as vacationing and experiencing cultures unlike mine is top of my list. I would say, for very selfish reasons, watching the F1 race at Monaco In a rather pompous fashion as the wealthy do would be a dream. One someday, I may or may not be able to fulfill.
Japan was absolutely stunning. The people/culture, the food, the cars (went to TAS) it was such a surreal yet refreshing experience.

I highly recommend Japan to anyone.

High on my bucket list is visiting Switzerland and skiing the alps.
Appreciate 1