Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
I don't know what I'd do either -- it's a shitty situation for a lot of people and your options depend on how much disposable income you have, as well.

Not all n20 / n26 engines are affected though. Allegedly, those built after Jan 2015 will have the revised part. But who really knows exactly when they changed over to the new design, in the manufacturing process. I would guess the later into 2015 your car was built, the better chance you have of the revised timing chain. Certainly, anyone with a 2016 should be OK.
Yeah mine is a 12, So first gen guinea pig year lol.
But theirs fault on my end too for not doing as much research as I could have I guess. I was just excited when I purchased and read only good things in articles because they predated these problems.
Guess I'll always drive with my fingers crossed on the steering wheel. I feel so bad for these guys, it's a real shame especially when you've trusted the brand in the past, I just hope I dont get added to the blown motor list
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0