View Single Post
      12-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #56
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicpea View Post
SUVs aren't for me either, but my wife likes them. I sit as close to the ground as I can. I have my manual seat set to the bottom setting. I want to drive a go cart, not a bus. I can't for the life of me understand the draw of something like a Porsche SUV. Take all the things that make a Porsche great and ruin them by making it bigger, heavier, taller, etc. For a luxury status SUV there are so many better options if that's really what you want.

I am not buying another car in the next decade unless it is an older Porsche 911, RWD non turbo, non convertible, or unless a RWD 3 series wagon flies into the US market on a unicorn.

I am happy with my F30. For what I use it for, I can even live with the video game steering for the next decade. By then, who knows what the market will look like. But the ZSP back on the base model made the deal. Until that was added on the F30, I was nowhere near buying one.
I have to admit, I was one of those that once thought "well, if Porsche made an SUV, they must have gotten it right in terms of agility, performance, braking, etc." yet the moment I sat down in one, I felt like I was just in a "nicer" looking SUV. Then I drove it. While the power was there, it did not feel like it should have to me so I left without question. I then came to the conclusion that an SUV will always be an SUV, which is just not for me. Can it handle better than a CR-V or Hyundai? Sure but that's not what I'm after!!!

Although I still feel that the M235i was a better "fit" for me and more exciting to kick around, this car is FAR more practical and still wants to play so I am more than satisfied. It's funny how reviews can really stir people up as it means nothing to me. I had a car that was always on the bottom of the reliability list (at least for a while there) yet it was one of my favorite cars of all time: the 2009 CTS Premium 3.6. Go figure...

In my book, our steering may suck the big one but I have very few gripes other than that along with the run-craps they put on...they really do suck and why I once defended these POS's I don't know haha. Never again!

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1