View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #134
435ivan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV8TT View Post
I was driving to work in Eco pro mode and once i entered the highway, i tried to catch up on speed so I moved the gear to DS from D position and all of a sudden the car jammed up, started shaking and a signal came up in the iDrive saying Drivetrain malfunction, drive moderately, and the car wouldn't allow me to exceed 50 mls/h. The car kept shaking till I took the next exit. It was very dangerous as I entered the highway with that speed and there was a bunch of cars going at least 75 mls/hr that had to leave the lane I'm on. Darn it. The engine light is on now. I parked the car and I'm at work now. WTF!!
I have a 435i that I just got in November. I haven't had a problem with it till a couple weeks ago that I have gotten a down pipe and the jb4 installed. That night I was doing some highway pulls and once I reached top of 6th that I shift to 7th I got the drivetrain malfunction. It pretty much just cut all power It wouldn't rev or accelerate it got down to 60mph and so I pulled over to the side turned off the engine and turned it back on and I was fine. But it has happened a few times already. I asked around and someone had told me that wen it gets too hot or reaches a certain temperature the call will pretty much put itself into a safe mode and it starts giving those malfunctions. I don't know what to do to prevent it from happening besides no more highway pulls. Has anyone found a solution?
Appreciate 0