View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
Nero7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Driver View Post
BMW literature describes it as "sportier programming" but doesn't say exactly what that is. I have driven them both back to back, but unfortunately one was in a 335 the other in a 328. Both gearboxes performed very well in all modes. I didn't detect any shifting speed differences between sport and sport+ mode, but because of the manual override features in Sport+ it is hard to compare them.

With 2TB you get for sure:

- Paddle Shifters
- Sport+ mode (you can mimic this in the regular auto by selecting sport mode and manually selecting DTC to on)
- No automatic upshift in manual mode when DSC is off, DTC on, or sport+ selected
- Automatic kickdown is deactivated when DSC is off, DTC is on, or sport+ is selected

The manual control features around automatic upshift and kickdown are IMO worth the cost of the 2TB alone. The paddle shifters are great when you are driving aggressively - on the track, mountain road, etc., and are an added bonus.
What does automatic kickdown mean?

/// M-Sport 328i // Packages -- Adaptive Drive-- Drive Comfort -- Function -- Visibility // 19" 403M // M-Sport Brakes // Harman Kardon // Head Up Display ///
Appreciate 0