steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Can I ask where you guys got your NBT unit from? Was it by any chance Latvia or Lithuania via Fleabay? If it was, they should be FM only, not DAB from talking to these sellers. Very dubious as to why all units come from there.

Also, my car as no Nav or enhanced Bluetooth and is the MY2014 spec. Doesn't this mean I don't even have a Combox? Who would I get Bluetooth working in that case since I don't even have cables in the boot (I presume)?
I got mine from a UK seller on ebay but the NBT actually came off a German spec 2014 F31 with a September 2013 production date. Yeah, I can only get FM radio on it and of course I can't check DAB because I'm in Canada.

I actually got more than what I bargained for because this car actually had FSC codes for 6NR BMW Apps and I totally didn't expect it to work on my vehicle. I paid about 700 Pounds for this and it came with the activation module as which is definitely more than just a deal.

Wiring a combox is a lot of work. You're going to need a wiring harness that is completely proprietary and difficult to assemble and this runs from your head unit, under the armrest, to the rear side pillars and into the trunk. It took 1yfe and I about 4 hours to just run a USB cable from the trunk back to the NBT.

I think if you want Bluetooth, it's worth taking a risk to just get one of those ebay head units. It can easily be coded to your car and with a activation module, you will be able to use all features that were on the original vehicle.

I guess the only thing you have to worry about is if the device still works or not.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0