View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #14
bandook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Installed a walbro 450 today. So I was going to just get one from Fuel-it but they were out of stock canisters to swap so I just bought the pump and swapped it myself. Really not much info you to be had on doing this diy style so I was worried that bmw was gonna make it overly complicated. Not much harder than my Chevy. One tip is don't be a dummy like me and spend 15 minutes trying to pull the fuel line off the bottom of the canister. You simply twist and pull the whole nozzle off. Also, I've heard of needing to split the plastic sleeve to get the bigger Walbro to fit. I was able to just Dremel sand the whole sleeve to make it thinner and got a nice tight fit. Not using any clamps. Also reused the stock fuel line, just had to heat it up a little to slip it on the pump. Added a clamp and it's a tight fit.

My stock pump was making a ticking noise after I drove awhile. Was gonna wait to do the pump till I did a turbo but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Seemed like the pump started ticking right after I started adding E85.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0