Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliomadara7 View Post
Been patiently looking into finally starting to tune my 435i, nothing too crazy just more power and sound.

The plan is:
AA Catless DP
JB4
Injen intake
FMIC (eventually)

Main question I have is; is there any precautions I should take to make sure it's ok to send it. I know you can't just slap bolt-ons on and call it a go, but this seems fairly simple for what I'd like to achieve.

Really any advice/suggestions would be helpful
No precautions needed other than not running the stage 2 map until all the mods are installed (including the charge pipe)

depending on how old your spark plugs are, you might experience a misfire due to the high boost. If that happens, upgrade to the NGK colder plugs and you are set.
In your opinion how well does the ZF-8 trans hold up with the added power. I know there's been long standing arguments with whether or not the added torque will spin rods etc. or even be able to produce the power safely.

I understand when modding you cut 30%-50% of the engine life and maintenance intervals will be need to be doubled but from a general standpoint have you heard anything in a little worried after just hitting 100K on the odometer.

Big fans of XPH and reading your comments too!
Appreciate 0