04-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #12
Bavarian MW
lurker
Rep
Drives: 16 s1000r 17 M240i 18 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
Nice logs for analysis

One thing that is consistent in all logs is the prevalence of an active torque limiter 131072, which I think is causing the timing corrections.

Also there seems to be correlation between Load Actual exceeding Load Target, the torque limiter being active and timing corrections.

In the 3rd log, 15_31_44, between 4500 - 4900 RPM, Load Actual does not exceed Load Target, the Torque Limiter is not active, timing improves significantly and corrections almost eliminated, delta for knock adaption decays to almost 0 as well. Timing here is in line with what you would expect for that map with timing at 10 - 11 degrees across all cylinders.

Some suggestions, do one first and then the other:

Try another log Sport+ but long press DSC button >3 seconds to have DSC off. This is to see if it is DSC influence. If you are already doing this OK, just go to next idea.

Try flashing the same tune but select the automatic transmission option. This will lower the reported torque value in DME for the clutch/transmission and may take the torque limiter out of play. For 8AT guys that do not have xHP torque limit adjustment for trans they use this and those that have xHP they select the Manual Trans/xHP option.
Okay, interesting. I am not following 100%, but can see how a torque limiter can be a problem..

These 3 are on OTS ST2 91oct, with e30/e32, AND auto trans option checked. And yes, DTC and DSC off here. Wanna take a look, see anything useful? I do still see the torque limiter 131072.

https://datazap.me/u/bavarianmw/4-19-2020-2-0
Appreciate 0